Tuesday 2 October 2012

Penguin Design Award 2013; existing book covers.













These are examples of all existing book covers for the wind in the willows. Whilst researching this I found so many examples there was far too many to blog. The ones above are just a few that caught my eye for various reasons. I feel that my least favourite is the second from the top because although I like to whole disney esk style to it, I feel that the wind in the willows is far too much of a classic book for this. It needs a modern yet semi-classical look if the two can possibly be combined. This is something I will explore when coming up with my own designs for the book cover. Based on all these examples I can now make sure I create something completely different and unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment