Tuesday 9 October 2012

Black & White Print: patterns.









Patterns: New Surface Design by Drusilla Cole
Print & Pattern 2 by Bowie Style

These are some examples of repeat pattern print from books found in the uni library. I chose some favourites to photograph based on the use of colour, shape, line and illustrative themes. Although colour is not a factor that comes into my personal project it has made me think more about using tones instead within my work. The examples I have chosen range from really complicated to very simplistic and I feel that a more simplistic approach works better because its easier on the eye and more enjoyable to look at. Theres also an example of products that pattern can be applied to which is also relevent to my project. The top examples give me more of an idea of how pattern can look interesting but use very little range of colour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment