Tuesday 10 May 2011

Speaking from experience questionnaire.

I asked sent the same questionnaire as seen below to people on the graphic design course to see if the responses were any different as there tends to be a lot more to pay for on a design based course. 


Lisa Whitaker;
1. Keep thinking about trying to save money! Have probably spent more than normal buying all the equipment, books and a macbook. 
2. No.
3. Every few months.
4. Not job but have not tried.
5. You don't need a laptop straight away, it is useful but you can manage by using the mac suites.


Sophie Wilson;
1. I feel that I have tried as much as I can - although amazon.com is irresistible and with such a large student loan, I have found it easier to justify wanting shiny, pretty things. 
2. I think I have found it easier to budget - I binge less on useless items. 
3. I'd say I treat myself once a fortnight, on a nice meal or a snazzy pencil case.
4. I had two! I now have one which is much more enjoyable. Fortunately I got mine quite easily....through a friend working there, but whilst searching for other jobs it was very tough...around 100 applications and not a peep back. It's a toughie! 
5. Just because you have a large lump of money given to you - you don't HAVE to spend it. Control yourself and enjoy the money when you don't have to worry about paying rent. 


Kirsty Cave;
1. I try my best to save money but its really hard, I find it easier to save if my mums on my case. I will probably save more when i'm home for the summer. 
2. My spending hasn't got any better throughout the year...i'm just crap with money, I always over spend on other people and TGI friday's!!
3. I treat myself and others too often maybe...but I like buying things so...
4. Yep I work at Argos, I love my job so much. At first I found it hard to juggle uni and work but now I can manage pretty well. It's good because work will work around my uni timetable so if I need less hours then they will give me less. 
5. Put your mum in charge of your finances if your pants with money like me! 


Baljeet Samra;
1. I tried and failed.
2. Kind of, could be better though.
3. Not often enough.
4. Nope. 
5. It doesn't last very long so don't waste it. 


Claudia Griffin; 
1. I have tried to save money by sharing things with flatmates, for example...buying one big milk a week.  I look for things like when toiletries are on offer and buy a few. I also look in discount stores like home bargains. 
2. Yes, at the beginning of the year I was wasting money on takeaways and treats like that.
3. Rarely for expensive things but regularly for cheap things like Primark!
4. Nope, but I have worked when I go home. 
5. Try and share things and cook with your friends. 


Overall if I put both of the results together from the questionnaire it would seem that most people have suffered when it comes to money and have found some sort of way of coping with this so I could take this advice and use it in my work for this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment