Monday 31 October 2011

Good is... Existing ipod packaging.


























The connection with the white background can be seen throughout Apple's packaging too, keeping the same sleek look and so that one element is connected to the other. Apple have had some quite creative packaging designs over time and this is something that can also become desirable about the product because most consumers tend to appreciate the way in which an item is packaged too. I think in more recent years the idea of the iPod coming in this hard plastic casing seems somewhat disappointing when looking at previous packaging designs. I've also got examples here of packaging I own from my own iPods, the fact these are black moves away from this clean sleek look but still looks as sophisticated as ever. I think the use of a gradient on the black looks really good on the first example because it makes the image of the iPod seem almost real. The other thing that stood out in particular was the special finishes on this black packaging because it makes it more desirable and something you may like to keep afterward. Looking at the packaging has given me ideas to take into my own work, I definitely think I prefer the more high-end looking packaging to the plastic casing - this being more to experiment with but also because my product will be limited edition so consumers will be expecting something special. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment