Wednesday 11 January 2012

Top 10 things; television idents//inspiration.












These are examples of idents made for various television channels such as MTV, E4 and Cartoon Network. To look at exsisting idents was a good starting point because I actually didn't realise these parts of a television channel were called idents so it helped me understand what they were and the sort of information they include. A lot of them tend to be 'cartoon' based because these types of things are a lot easier to work with in programmes such as after effects because i'd imagine some of these idents were actually made with the after effects software. The idents tend to include quite simple movement and are usually made in a style that suits the particular channel so with channels such as E4 they have more quirky, random looking idents because the channel is quite youthful and quirky. I'm considering choosing E4 for my own programme so I need to take particular note of these idents so I can take some of these elements and make them work within my own ideas. A lot of the idents for E4 tend to be quite bold and bright, using a cartoon asthetic because the target audience is of a younger generation possibly 16 - 30 year olds. This particular style would work well for my own ideas because the target audience is of a similar range. One of the main things that makes an ident successful is the timescale, they are usually quite short and memorable. The music used within idents is usually a tune and not a song and sometimes there is a voice over so this is also something else I can consider within my own work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment