Wednesday 11 January 2012

Top 10 things; film intro sequences.








Another port of call for inspiration is movie titles because my subject is 'superhero movies' so looking at movie titles could also inspire any current ideas I have and point me in the right direction. Quite a few of the superhero movie titles have looked at are cartoon based or at least animated cgi style and this was a concern I had because I was worried that because I was looking at films I would have to use the photographs taken from these films but now i've seen this is not the case. Movie titles as with idents tend to be quite simple but interesting enough so that they keep the audience interested. They include basic information such as the actors starring in the films and sometimes and image hinting at what the movie may include. Theres usually quite a simplistic colour scheme that links to the main character in the movie somehow too, an example being the green lantern because he is obviously green and this is one of the main colours within the title sequence. I've noticed that the title sequences tend to be quite dark too because superheroes are supposed to be seen as quite mysterious and secrative and this colour makes it seem as though theres a shadow as though to hide their identity and keep the mystery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment