Sunday 10 October 2010

Alphabet soup part two.

As a starting point for this brief I referred back to the previous alphabet I produced for myself to represent me as a person. I thought this would help because I could relate back to how I created this and what things I took into consideration. 



I then got my partner to fill in a questionnaire so I could learn more about him and maybe find out information that could help in designing my alphabet. 

This is a sheet I was given that names different parts of a letter, I found this quite useful because it showed me areas I could manipulate so that fonts would fit with my partner. 

I looked at the work of existing typographers so I could get ideas for manipulation of my chosen fonts. I found Si Scott was a great example because he plays around with the simplest of text and makes it look 'fashionable'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment